Welcome back to Energy 101!
We know now how to clear external negative energy from ourselves, but how can we avoid this energy from even invading our energetic body in the first place?
One word. Shielding.
What does it mean to shield our energetic body? It’s simple. Just like a warrior may use his shield to protect from weaponry, we can also use an energetic shield to protect ourselves from unwanted energy.
An energetic shield can also be thought of as a strainer of unwanted energetic debris – absorbing healing energy and repelling the opposite. So, if you shield, you’ll still be able to soak in quality energy from a wonderful conversation with a friend or the like – you’ll just be less likely to allow that rude cashier to attach their energy onto you and ruin your day!
Now, as a disclaimer, no matter how heightened our vibrations are, we are still susceptible to taking on energy that does not belong to us – especially if we are distracted or not feeling well. This is why shielding can be such a powerful tool in protecting our energetic body.
You may want to shield:
- Before going out in a busy public place
- Before having an important discussion that may turn confrontational
- If you work with a lot of people in your career
- If you’re going to be around someone having a bad day or someone who tends to be pretty negative as it is
- Simply just to be sure your energy stays with you, and others out, throughout the day
Shielding is pretty simple to do – the hard part is remembering to do so.
So, how do we shield ourselves?
First, we must be sure we’re grounded and centered in our own energy. This can be done through the grounding techniques we talked about in the last post.
Shielding is usually done through intention and visualization.
As you visualize, be sure that your intention is one of protection and safety. Trust and believe that this act of visualization will be all you need to shield out anything that is not yours.
- Egg: This is done by visualizing yourself surrounded by an egg filled with white light. White represents purity, and similar to light keeping out darkness, embedding yourself in a protective white light can help shield from any dark or draining energy.
- Cloak: This is similar to the egg, except instead it’s a cloak of white light you’re visualizing.
- Coat of Mirrors: This is one of my favorites. It entails visualizing you’re wearing a coat covered in mirrors. This works in the way that whatever energy is coming towards you is reflected back towards the sender.
Some of us have a tough time with visualization, which is totally normal. For those, there are a few more practical and physical techniques that can also be used for powerful shielding.
- Crystals: Carry a protective stone with you. Some awesome crystals for this purpose are: Black Obsidian, Black Tourmaline, Smoky Quartz, Mooakite, and Amethyst. You can also wear them as jewelry.
- Mantras: Mentally, or verbally, recite a mantra throughout the day. Here’s a few that I personally use:
- “What’s mine is mine, what’s yours is yours.”
- “I am protected and safe.”
- “I now release anything that does not serve me.”
- Clothing: Use an actual piece of clothing that can serve as a reminder that you are protected. If you wear hats, set the intention that this hat will shield and protect you throughout the day. If you wear jewelry, choose a specific piece that will serve as a shielding and protective agent. Anything that resonates or works for you is perfect.
- Breath. If you find yourself in a situation or around someone that may drain you, use your breath to inhale loving, healing energy and literally exhaling anything you may be taking on that is not serving you. Complete until you feel centered and balanced.
As always, I encourage you to play around with these and find what works best for you! Learning how to shield can help out a ton when it comes to staying in our own energy and strengthening our ability to focus on and manifest what it is that we truly want to experience in our lives. It also leaves a lot of room for that which serves us and is in our highest good, not to mention less time spent having to clear our energy all the time.
I’d also like to leave a loving reminder: There are no accidents. If you feel that you’re attracting more negative energy than you’d like, it may be a good time to take a step back and consider how your energy is being sent out. We’re aware now that our energy is reflected back to us in its true form, subtly creating our realities, so it may be a sign of shifting into a more positive and loving energetic space and being aware of what kind of energy we’re in as well as what we’re sending out into the Universe by way of our thoughts, beliefs, and behaviors. Remember, where our attention goes, our energy flows.